Engineering Contracts Management (ECM)
A- Sources of Obligation in Civil Legislation.
(1) sources of obligation.
(2) Obligations of the parties to the contract.
B- FIDIC International Construction Contracts.
C- Risks in FIDIC Contracts.
(1) Obligations of the parties to the
(2) Force majeure and the risks of the owner between FIDIC 1999 and exceptional
events in FIDIC.
D- Claims and Dispute Resolution under FIDIC.
(1) The FIDIC Conditions of Contracts
(6) Employer’s and Contractor’s (Principle)
(7) Claims Procedures
(8) Employer’s and Contractor’s (Quantum)
(9) Arbitration and dispute resolution
E- Arbitration and dispute resolution.
(2) Dispute-resolution methods.
(3) A case-study related to construction, wages, and insurances.
(4) A case-study of a potential dispute in an arbitration case related to
construction and banks.
(5) A case-study of a possible dispute in an arbitration case related to the
construction of mining sites.
(6) Presentation and discussion of an arbitral case in a construction
F- FIDIC Contract Drafting Workshops.
· Mr. Mahmoud Sabra Consultant in drafting contracts at the United Nations and the
Dr. Eng Nabil Muhammad Ali Abbas -Saudi Arabia – FIDIC Certified Trainer.
Dr. Eng. Tahseen Saleh- FIDIC Certified Trainer
· MR. A Mohamed Abdelrahman Ghoula Member of the Executive Office of the Arab
Arbitration Commission- Member of the FIDIC Contracts Arabization Committee-
Arbitrator and consultant for contracts and claims.
Dr. Eng. Mohamed Shoaib – Justic Academy Consultant.
Dr. Eng. Nabil Shehada – Consultant Emirates Society of Engineers.
Student has completed materials eligible for
120 Training Hours